Fancy becoming a beekeeper? Find out what it’s all about below, and join the team of students working to make a difference at City and in the local community!
What is it and why is it important?
One third of the food we eat is dependent on pollinators like bees, but the global honey bee population is in dramatic decline.
What could you do?
- Take part in hive visits and look after City’s bees
- Organise an event to promote biodiversity and bees
- Create a campaign to raise awareness of the importance of biodiversity
- Set up a Beekeeping society to get more students involved
Regular bee hive visits and team meetings– we suggest an average of 1 hour per week – plus completing the plans that you put in place.
What will you get out of it?
- Make a difference
- Meet like-minded students
- Gain skills in project management, creative communications, negotiation and persuasion, campaign planning, team work.
How do you get involved?
Simply send an email to email@example.com to get involved.