Want to be a champion for clean air? Find out what it’s all about below, and join the team of students working to make a difference at City and in the local community!
What is it and why is it important?
Every year, thousands of Londoners are dying prematurely from long-term exposure to air pollution. Poor air quality has dangerous consequences on our health, but with the help of low-pollution maps we can help people find cleaner, greener routes around the city.
What could you do?
- Develop clean commuting routes to City by using Islington’s low-pollution maps
- Work with local businesses, schools and organisations to tackle air pollution
- Create a campaign to raise awareness about air quality and health
- Promote clean, green walks in the local community
Regular team meetings at a time that suits you – we suggest an average of 1 hour per week – plus completing the plans that you put in place.
What will you get out of it?
- Make a difference
- Meet like-minded students
- Gain skills in project management, creative communications, negotiation and persuasion, campaign planning, team work.
How do you get involved?
Simply send an email to email@example.com to get involved.