Do you think we need to do more to tackle climate change? Find out what this project is all about below, and join the team of students working to make a difference at City and in the local community!
What is it and why is it important?
Climate change is moving faster than ever and we are facing a direct existential threat. But what should City do about it? Should we be changing our entire language so that we refer to it as a “climate crisis” rather than just “climate change”? Should we declare a climate emergency? Should we be teaching more about it, talking more about, doing more about it?
What could you do?
- Start a student climate action movement
- Work with the SU and student media to change the way we talk and teach climate change
- Organise an event, talk, workshop or exhibition on climate justice
- Campaign for City to declare a climate emergency
Regular team meetings at a time that suits you – we suggest an average of 1 hour per week – plus completing the plans that you put in place.
What will you get out of it?
- Make a difference
- Meet like-minded students
- Gain skills in project management, creative communications, negotiation and persuasion, campaign planning, team work.
How do you get involved?