Contact Us

We would love to hear from you! Please send us a message by filling out the form below and we will get back to you shortly.

The Sustainability Team

Jason Clarke, Head of Sustainability

Eleanor Simes, Sustainability Officer

Jessica Lobo, Sustainability Engagement Coordinator

Properties & Facilities Department
City University London
Northampton Square
London
EC1V 0HB
United Kingdom
T: +44 (0)20 7040 8053

One Response

1. reece chadwick

May 12, 2021 3:47 pm

My name is Reece Chadwick and I am a business student at the University of Winchester. I am currently in the process of starting my own company that provides eco-friendly and sustainable toilet tissue through recycling of paper. I am looking to start my business with other like minded universities across Britain, who share similar values of implementing greener, eco-friendlier and more sustainable products across campuses, as well as lowering overall carbon footprints and helping to tackle the climate emergency. I would be very interested in discussing the current supply chain and the manufacturing methods used currently to provide toilet tissue to the various facilities around campus. It is my aim to start an environmentally conscious company, making the most of recycling methods. the company i am in the process of creating will provide a quality product that is sustainable and will benefit the university’s core values and emphasis on green issues, while maintaining a balance with the financial costs of the replacement products. Current methods of manufacturing use virgin hardwood, which uses 27,000 trees a day to manufacture, whereas recycled toilet tissue is much more sustainable as the production of recycled toilet tissue uses no trees. Furthermore, the majority of toiler rolls are created overseas and have massive environmental impacts through transportation and use of fossil fuels. Before we start the manufacturing process, I am wanting to identify potential customers who can benefit by reducing the carbon footprint through recycling and also ensuring that the financial costs are competitive with the current supply method. I would like to discuss this further if you are willing. Please contact me initially through email and we can arrange to discuss this in more depth over the telephone/in person.

Kindest Regards,
    Reece Chadwick.

Reply