Keen to get City cycling? Find out what it’s all about below, and join the team of students working to make a difference at City and in the local community!
What is it and why is it important?
Cycling is a fab way to get around. It doesn’t just reduce carbon emissions, but it also saves money and keeps people healthy and fit.
What could you do?
- Organise an event to get students into cycling
- Set up a buddy scheme to pair beginners with experienced cyclists
- Create a campaign to promote the wonders of cycling
- Work with Islington council to organise a cycling tour around London
Regular team meetings at a time that suits you – we suggest an average of 1 hour per week – plus completing the plans that you put in place.
What will you get out of it?
- Make a difference
- Meet like-minded students
- Gain skills in project management, creative communications, negotiation and persuasion, campaign planning, team work.
How do you get involved?
Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.