Want to fight food waste? Find out what it’s all about below, and join the team of students working to make a difference at City and in the local community!
What is it and why is it important?
In London alone, we throw away 540,000 tonnes of food every year which we could have enjoyed – that’s a lot of meals, a lot of carbon and a lot of money wasted on food which could’ve been used to feed hungry mouths.
What could you do?
- Work with St Luke’s Community Centre to promote their community fridge
- Rescue leftover or unwanted food and deliver it to food banks
- Organise an event or campaign to encourage students to reduce their food waste
- Start a blog or a cookbook with tips and recipes to use up leftover food
Regular team meetings at a time that suits you – we suggest an average of 1 hour per week – plus completing the plans that you put in place.
What will you get out of it?
- Make a difference
- Meet like-minded students
- Gain skills in project management, creative communications, negotiation and persuasion, campaign planning, team work.
How do you get involved?
Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.