Will you join the food revolution? Find out what it’s all about below, and join the team of students working to make a difference at City and in the local community!
What is it and why is it important?
Satisfying our appetite puts a huge strain on the environment, but sustainable food is gaining momentum. From growing food locally to promoting plant-based meal alternatives, we can do a lot to ensure that the food we eat is good, healthy and environmentally-sound.
What could you do?
- Run the City Food Co-op to provide sustainable food options for students and staff
- Grow vegetables in the new City garden
- Work with City catering to promote Meat-free Mondays
- Create an event or campaign to promote sustainable food
Regular team meetings at a time that suits you – we suggest an average of 1 hour per week – plus completing the plans that you put in place.
What will you get out of it?
- Make a difference
- Meet like-minded students
- Gain skills in project management, creative communications, negotiation and persuasion, campaign planning, team work.
How do you get involved?