Fancy becoming a beekeeper or fighting food waste? Interested in Fairtrade, urban gardening or protecting our oceans?
Join one of our sustainability projects and get new skills as a Sustainability Leader. You’ll meet other like-minded students and work together to make a difference at City and in the local community.
Click on one of the projects below to find out more, or scroll down for FAQs about getting involved.
- Be a beekeeper
- Be a clean air champion
- Fight for fair trade
- Get City cycling
- Go to war on food waste
- Join the food revolution
- Make a splash
- Save our seas
What does it involve?
As a group you decide what you want to do for your project. It could be anything, such as:
- Taking part in hive visits and looking after City’s bees
- Starting an enterprise to promote and sell reusable bottles/cups
- Rescuing leftover or unwanted food and delivering it to food banks
- Working with local businesses, schools and organisations to tackle air pollution
- Creating a campaign to fight for fair trade
- Growing fruit, vegetables and herbs in the new City garden
- Organising an event to get students into cycling
- Running the City Food Co-op to provide sustainable food options for students and staff
- Campaigning for City to become single-use plastic free
Who’s it for?
You! All students can apply. No prior knowledge or experience is needed, just enthusiasm and ability to meet at least 1 hour a week.
Why do it?
- Develop skills in project management, leadership, communication, time management
- Gain knowledge and insight into the sustainability sector
- Enhance your employability skills and CV
- Network with like-minded individuals and make new connections within and beyond City
- Make a positive, long-lasting impact on City and the local community
When does it take place?
Projects take place from September to April.
Sustainability Leaders meet with City’s Sustainability Team once a month to receive training, support and resources.
How do I get involved?
Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!