Got a passion for fashion? Find out what it’s all about below, and join the team of students working to make a difference at City and in the local community!
What is it and why is it important?
23% of Londoners’ clothes are unworn, and it is estimated that £140 million worth of clothing goes into landfill each year which puts pressure on both the environment and the people making our clothes.
What could you do?
- Organise a clothes swap
- Start a sustainable fashion network
- Create an event or campaign to highlight ethical shopping
- Set up a repair café to teach people how to give new life to their clothes
Regular team meetings at a time that suits you – we suggest an average of 1 hour per week – plus completing the plans that you put in place.
What will you get out of it?
- Make a difference
- Meet like-minded students
- Gain skills in project management, creative communications, negotiation and persuasion, campaign planning, team work.
How do you get involved?