the APT project is a research project that will identify intervention components of communication partner training (CPT). Intervention components are the behaviour change techniques (BCTs) and strategies that make up the training. This project will also identify expected outcomes and associated outcome measures, which will then be tested in a larger feasibility study. The current project will run from September 2021 until August 2023.
We are looking for researchers who have published – or are in the process of publishing – work on CPT for families, to contribute their views via two remote and online surveys between April and July, and August and October 2022.
We will be approaching researchers who have published work in the area of family dyad CPT.
We will be identifying researchers in the following three ways:
- Co-authors listed on papers we have included in our systematic review
- Researchers associated with the Collaboration of Aphasia Triallists (CATs) network
- Researchers known to be working in global CPT and associated with the Languages Other Than English (LOTE) network
If you sit in one or more of these three groups, we will be making contact with you via email. Our email will invite you to consider taking part in our e-Delphis.
If you are currently working in the area of family dyad CPT but have not yet published your work, you are invited to read on and find out if you may be eligible to take part.
You will be eligible to take part if:
1) You are willing to take part in two e-Delphi studies with 3 rounds per study
2) You have published at least one peer-reviewed article on family CPT intervention in aphasia or are currently researching family CPT intervention with PWA and/or family communication partners
3) You are able to read and write proficiently in English (the language of the e-Delphi)
4) You are able to access a secure and private device (computer, laptop, tablet) with internet access to take part in the study
5) You are contactable by email to receive study invitations
Participants will be invited to take part in two e-Delphis. An e-Delphi exercise is an online consensus-building process. The Delphi process aims to determine the extent to which experts agree about a given issue. In areas where there is disagreement, subsequent rounds of the questionnaire may achieve a consensus opinion.
We are running 2 e-Delphis: one for researchers (based anywhere) and one for Speech and Language Therapists based in the UK. These e-Delphis overlap considerably! If you are eligible for either e-Delphi, please choose the e-Delphi that is most relevant to your main role (researcher or UK SLT). Please only sign up to one e-Delphi.
This 24-month project is paving the way for a future larger grant. This project helps us to agree upon the most important CPT components, what types of changes the training would create for people with aphasia and family members, and how we might measure those outcomes.
We have extended the deadline for signing up and completing Round 1 of the survey – the deadline is now Friday 10th June 2022. If you give consent, you will be sent an email containing a link to Round 1 of the survey.