back

Introducing the bloggers: Karoline

Howdy!

I’m Oda-Karoline Rosland Eilertsen, which I realise is rather long and complicated, so lets just go for Karoline.

I’m in my second year of the BA Journalism course at City. I’m a weather beaten Norwegian; meaning that everyday in London feels like a heat wave, which might give you an impression of the cold north.

I left (read: fled) for the UK last September basically because I didn’t want to study in my hometown, which is minuscular compared to London, and because I wanted to travel, so why not London?

You might recognise me in the hallways by my red hair, or by the fact that I’m a giant. And, so you won’t have to ask, I’m 6ft 1in. And no, I do not know why I am this tall. Don’t worry if you can’t suppress the urge to blurt: “Omg, you’re so tall.” I get it at least once a day.

I love to write, and this year I’m the deputy editor of City Online, City’s online media outlet, where I had a weekly column last year. I’ve also worked as a journalist in my local newspaper, Jærbladet. I’ve freelanced for Calcus Publishing AS, I blog here and I occasionally contribute to HerUni.

I am, as many of my fellow journalism students, a bookworm. This summer I devoured the five fat books of A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin, and JK Rowling’s A Casual Vacancy is impatiently waiting on my shelf to be read as soon as I finish Memoirs of a Geisha.

I don’t like clubbing, I relish running and some might call me a geek. Oh, who am I trying to kid; I’m a geek.

Yup, I think that’s it for now, see you around!

1. and I was one of those who says “omg you’re so tall…”

• Sunny
  2. Haha, no worries: you were not the first, and you will definitely not be the last.

• Oda-Karoline Rosland Eilertsen
  3. hahaaa, I’m soooo similar to you! we love the same things and.. I am 6ft, lol! I hate it when people are like ‘youre so tall’ though /:

• Dominika the Vegan
  4. Haha, cool! Do you study at City? I honestly don’t care that much anymore about the tall-comments to be honest. What am I supposed to do about it? I don’t have a shrinking-drink in my bag, so I guess we’ll just have to live with it.

• Oda-Karoline Rosland Eilertsen