A message from Professor Anthony Finkelstein – September 2021

This is my first Alumni News ‘Message from the President’.

It has been a busy summer. I am very grateful to all the staff across City who have been preparing for the new academic year, including developing new and exciting teaching materials and methods. I am pleased to report that we are in excellent shape to welcome our new and returning students and I really look forward to a vibrant City campus bustling with staff, students and visitors this academic year.

You, our alumni, are a tremendously important part of the University community. I would like to thank you for your continued commitment and support of City – particularly at a time that has presented all of us with exceptional challenges. I very much look forward to meeting many of you in person and I am excited about what we can achieve together.

I share with you a strong identification with City and identify strongly with its mission. There is a lot of learning and listening that I look forward to doing – to understand from our alumni, staff and students what you value about City, the opportunities you see for us and how, collectively, we can make a difference to the world we live in.

I know already that we must continue to deliver superb educational offerings that are globally distinctive and enable transformational outcomes for our students. Our connection to business and the professions needs to be nurtured and our research must strive to address the local, national and global challenges we face. We need to show that City is the best place to study, teach, learn and research – to engage and create impact.

This week marks the beginning of a new chapter for our Business School as it officially becomes Bayes Business School. This is the start of an exciting new era. We have been listening to our community and are pursuing actions to ensure Bayes Business School is a diverse and inclusive place to work and study.

As we are about to embark on the new academic year, you can remain confident that we will continue to invest in City’s reputation enhancing the value of your qualifications and association with City. This is my commitment to you and our University.

I hope you enjoy reading this edition of Alumni News.

Professor Anthony Finkelstein
President