Message from City President, Professor Sir Anthony Finkelstein

Spring has sprung in London and there is a wonderful feeling of  energy andPhoto of President Professor Sir Anthony Finkelstein. excitement in the air at your University!

I was delighted to share with you recently that we have signed an agreement with St George’s, University of London to combine our institutions creating a merged university. This is a milestone development for both City and St George’s, bringing together each of our strengths to form one world-class institution and creating opportunities to generate significant change in health, medicine and beyond.

From 1 August 2024, subject to necessary regulatory approvals, we will be called City St George’s, University of London. I am excited to be leading City St George’s and to continue to engage with you, our valued alumni. Importantly, the combination will deliver increased scale, capability, and resilience. It will broaden our reach and deliver multidisciplinary strength. It will add to your network and City’s reputation and reach. I hope the merger and our dedication to excellence it signifies will continue to make you proud of your alma mater and the global City community of alumni to which you belong.

In other news, some of you may have fond memories of competing in Varsity as a student at City. I am pleased to report that City’s Wolfpack competed successfully against Kingston University for Varsity 2024. City proudly secured the victory with a final score of 15.5 to 5.5. Over two days, our student athletes showcased their talents in a variety of sports.

This edition of Alumni News is once again filled with inspiring success stories of City alumni. I am always pleased and proud to learn of the achievements of our alumni and the contributions you make to society the world over. Also, do discover the latest news from campus and the impactful work and insight our academics provide in a multitude of areas. I am delighted that the coming weeks and months will provide much opportunity for our community to come together again at a wide range of in-person events – both in London and further afield. To those of you who have already joined us at events earlier this year and to all our alumni volunteers and philanthropic supporters – thank you, I am very grateful for all you do and the opportunities you create.

Have a great Spring! I look forward to my next update to you.

Best wishes,

Anthony

President
City, University of London