What is your name and what course do you study, what year are you in?

My name is Anisa and I am currently in my final year studying LLB Law.

What were you doing before you came to study at City? 

Before undertaking the law degree, I completed my A-Levels. The subjects that I chose were Economics, Politics, English Literature and I also undertook an Extended Project Qualification.

Why did you decide to apply to study at The City Law School? 

I applied to study at City because I loved the different services that they offered to students.

For example, students can undertake a pro bono module during the final year or complete the micro-placement module where you gain work experience in an area that is not traditionally associated to their degree.

What has been your favourite module on the course, and what have you enjoyed most about your time at City?

My favourite module on the course is Constitutional Law. I really enjoyed studying Politics during my A-Levels, so this helped me build more knowledge into the module.

I loved learning about legal standing and how one can bring a claim to court.

I really enjoyed the time when I volunteered to help at City Employment Law Clinic.

I was able to interview and triage clients and then was given the opportunity to sit in the meeting with the solicitor and the client to see how the solicitor was providing advice.

What is your favourite thing about studying at City? 

My favourite thing about studying at City is the support that you can get from your personal tutors and the course leader.

I feel comfortable talking to my personal tutor about any issues or worries that I have but also able to email my course leader whenever I am confused on a certain topic.

This additional support makes me enjoy studying at City as it makes me feel prepared for my exams.

What kind of things are you involved in outside of your course? 

I work as a Student Ambassador for City’s Widening Participation and Marketing Teams. For example, I provide assistance when schools or prospective students attend the university by answering their queries.

I also run campus tours and show them the different facilities that the university has to offer.

I’m also a Communications Officer for Network Society where I liaise with members of the society and with professionals attending upcoming events.

As a Communications Officer, I manage the different social media platforms by notifying members of our events plus any important information such as application deadlines.

What do you plan to do after you graduate? 

After graduating, I plan to find work as a Paralegal in the property sector.

I am keen in knowing more about property and conveyancing and I believe working as a Paralegal will provide me with this opportunity.

I think it will also allow me to see whether this is something that I want to specialise in.

What would be your top tip for our applicants? 

My top tip for applicants is to be organised. There is a lot of reading in the Law degree, so it is important that you schedule your time effectively.

I use a planner and manage my day by not only prioritising tasks but also ensuring that I complete the necessary work before attending tutorials.

It’s important to come to tutorials prepared as it allows you to make the best use of the sessions.