City has been picked as one of 11 universities to take part in a national recycling competition this term! The winning university will be the one who has reduced their overall waste, and increased their recycling rate the most after 8 weeks of the competition. The winners will receive £15,000 to further advance sustainability initiatives on campus and to throw a sustainable party for staff and students!
What can you do?
- Check out our handy guide to find out how to sort your waste on campus.
- Got an idea about how we can do better with our waste? Tell us here for your chance to win a hamper full of sustainable goodies, or email us to get some funding to run a waste-related project on campus.
- Carry a reusable cup with you and avoid the disposable cup tax. There is now a 25p additional charge on any hot drinks purchased with a disposable cup at EATC1TY, Crussh, The Coffee House, Rhind café, Baxter’s and Aspretto. Save the unnecessary waste and save some pennies too by bringing your own reusable cup!
- Help our student Sustainability Leaders set up a plastic-free pop up shop. They’re doing some market research and want to know what to stock. Take their 2 minute survey to share your thoughts.
- Look out for our waste-less workshops in November! (more info to follow)