CitySpace Obituary: Olivia Fox

Olivia Fox is a Learning Development Consultant in the LDC:

“Aaah CitySpace – so many memories! I started working in E-Learning Services as a Support Officer in 2005 and a large part of my role was in supporting staff and students through the CitySpace Helpdesk. I was kept busy trying to resolve staff and student queries, setting up staff accounts and creating new modules. On the Helpdesk I used to get so many panicked queries around browser configuration when students were submitting their assignments online.

I was also responsible for updating the Teaching and Learning Online module which was available for all staff to support the effective use of CitySpace. I was happily updating the module with lots of PowerPoints and handouts from the ELS Breakfast sessions when my line manager Anise noticed that I’d not been using the File Manager to organise my resources into folders and had created a long unmanageable list of resources. I got a stern talking to about the importance of using the file manager. I think there may even have been a raised voice. But this has stood me well as I have been able to easily export my content from CitySpace. I have used these wise words (without the raised voice) from Anise when introducing staff to the CitySpace file manager. So thanks Anise J”