From Monday 15th November, City students can apply for SCONUL Access to access university libraries around the country. You can submit your application via SCONUL website. Not all university libraries have resumed their participation in the scheme – this means that City students will not be able to use these libraries (such as LSE and London Met).
City University students can also use Senate House library which is the central library for the University of London. You will need to fill in the online registration form to use the library. Senate House is an iconic Modernist building designed by Charles Holden which is located in Bloomsbury. It has appeared in many popular films, including Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises. The reading rooms are wonderfully atmospheric with tall wooden bookshelves and comfy sofas.
Library workshops are a great way to learn how to use essential Business databases. There are two UG workshops in November/December that you can attend remotely on Teams. Select the links below to sign up for the following sessions:
- Getting Ahead: Finding Company and Financial Information 30th November 2-3pm
- Getting Ahead: Finding Market Research 7th December 2-3pm
Bloomberg for Education’s free webinars for students
Bloomberg for Education have a great portal that features great videos, Bloomberg Market Concepts, and live webinars. Sign up by following the instructions on our BMC help pages.
- Webinars – live and on demand – the ‘In the headlines’ series is a great way to stay up to date
- Videos – including a series on Careers in Finance
Certifications you can add to your CV
Bloomberg, Eikon, and Morningstar Direct all have their own certification programmes that teach you how to use the resources and provide you with a certification that you can add to your CV.
- Bloomberg Market Concepts: A certificate of completion is awarded when you complete four key modules: Economic Indicators, Currencies, Fixed Income, and Equities.
- Eikon Certification: work through the training materials then request a token to take the final test.
- Morningstar Direct Certification: found under the Learning Centre section on the Morningstar software.