We are pleased to announce that Financial resources on site are now available to students.
For those of you able to come to campus, 12 terminals are currently available in the Business School at Bunhill Row, and 6 terminals at Northampton Square Library will be available from Monday 5th October. Continue reading Financial databases on site access
We want to make sure you’re able to access and use all the online Library resources and services available to you working remotely. There are lots of ways you can get support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, including: Continue reading CityLibrary’s online, you’re feeling fine
Attention Business students! Whether you are new to the Business School or you just want to brush up on your academic skills, you can quickly learn about which resources you can use and how to access them with our new Business Library Online Resources videos.
They average about 10 minutes in length each and consist of the following:
- Business Libary Online Resources: get started -This video gives you a quick introduction to finding and using our wealth of online resources through our website and our library guides. We have specialist resources available for financial data, company information, market research, academic research, news and current awareness, and citing and referencing.
Continue reading 5 videos for Business students
The Business Library at Bunhill Row has partially reopened to staff and students for Click & Collect items and bookable study spaces.
While we continue to provide comprehensive online support via chat, Ask Us and online appointments, we are also introducing limited access to study spaces and PCs, as well as to requesting items via a Click & Collect service. Continue reading Business Library at Bunhill Row now open
COVID-19 in America: Response, Issues, and Law is a brand new database available via HeinOnline focusing on issues related to the ongoing global pandemic from a U.S. perspective. Continue reading COVID-19 in America: Response, Issues, and Law
If you are lucky enough to have some time off during the summer, your thoughts might turn to books you’ve wished to read for a long time, or maybe to simply losing yourself in some attention-grabbing fiction to forget about all else and completely recharge.
The Library now offers a Click & Collect service for items that are located at either Northampton Square Library or Law Library (Northampton Square). However, if you can’t make it to the campus, don’t forget we have many e-books available, too. Like any other resource, you can find them using CityLibrary Search. Just type in the title and select the Full text online filter on the left hand side (you might need to click on the menu icon if using a mobile device). Here is a selection of what we’ve found:
If you find it too hot for fiction, why not browse a magazine via PressReader, or check Box of Broadcasts for a film or a TV show? Either way, we hope you manage to take some time off for yourself before it’s time for the next chapter.
Doing a project on M&A? Library Resources has many resources available remotely for Mergers and Acquisitions. The most popular include:
- Zephyr – Web-based database providing data on all kinds of deals including Mergers & Acquisitions, IPOs, private equity and venture capital. Add data about details of deals and download into Excel. Access it with your City username and password.
- Eikon – Use the Deal Screener in Excel or the Mergers & Acquisitions Advanced Search (MASRCH) in the web version to find M&A to find data. For access please email email@example.com
- SDC Mergers & Acquisitions and SDC New Issues via WRDS – Access some data in SDC over the web. This is a very advanced database, and it helps if you have a sample before you begin.
- CB Insights – Global database of private companies and their activities including venture capital, angel investor-backed private startups. For access please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Continue reading Dealogic and Mergers & Acquisitions databases
While we continue to provide the comprehensive online support via chat, Ask Us and online appointments, we are now also introducing limited access to study spaces and PCs, as well as to requesting items via a Click & Collect service.
These services are by appointment only, so in order to be able to visit campus, you will need to confirm you slot, as University Security has to be notified of your visit in advance.
Continue reading Limited Library Services on campus
Now that the summer’s here and you have less on your plate studies-wise, it can be a good time not only to have a breather, but also to take a moment and focus on the bigger picture. What is the job you would like to land after your studies? What are the tips and tricks of getting through the selection process? How can you prepare yourself and get ahead in your chosen career?
Continue reading Finding your dream job
Being in the midst of a global pandemic is not easy for anybody. Having to study or work from home, not seeing friends and family in person, and worrying about our loved ones and our own health makes this a difficult time for all of us.
Continue reading Taking the time to look after yourself